Tablet and phone firmware can vary between geographical markets for a given make and model of a device. The compatibilities presented below represent the results of LAVA’s testing of North American firmware unless indicated otherwise. LAVA recommends testing before large-scale deployments to ensure successful operation.
The Samsung Tablet requires the installation of the LAVA Tablet Manager (LTM) application, which is provided to the LAVASync+ integrator. The installation process requires a brief WiFi connection for a one-time activation of the Samsung KNOX license. The KNOX license does not require an additional fee.
LAVASync+ Adapters Tested Devices List:
Note: The current list reflects updates issued from Samsung and tested by LAVA.
|SM-T390||Galaxy Tab Active2||8.0||7.1.1
|SM-T395||Galaxy Tab Active2||8.0||7.1.1||NMF26X.T395XXU2ARB2||2,3|
|SM-T510||Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019||10.1||9||PPR1.180610.011.T510XXU2ASI4||7|
|SM-T820||Galaxy Tab S3||9.7||8.0.0||R16NW.T820XXU2BRJ1||1|
|SM-T380||Galaxy Tab A 8″ 2017||8.0||9||PPR1.180610.011.T380DXU3CSHC||6|
|SM-T830||Galaxy Tab S4||10.5||8.1.0||M1AJQ.T830XXU2ARK4||–|
1. The earlier firmware releases for the Tab S3 had serious issues with the USB-C PD Specification. The RJ1 update has eliminated the earlier issues and became available in November 2018. An occasional drop of USB devices has been observed during battery modulation, with an immediate recovery by the tablet. The frequency is low, typically once or twice a week.
2. The Tab Active2 NMF26X.T390XXU2ARB3 build has fixed the tablet’s USB-C PD handling issues.
3. Only the Austrian version of the SM-T395 has been tested. Only the U.S. version of the SM-T390 has been tested.
4. The Tab Active2 with build M1AJQ.T390XXU3BRJ7 was only tested on the SM-T390. The SM-T395 was no longer available for testing, as it had been returned to the customer.
5. The Galaxy S8 firmware R16NW.G950WVLU5BRI6 has fixed the KNOX feature used by LTM.
The earlier R16NW.G950WVLU5BRG4 is missing the KNOX feature and therefore not compatible with a LAVASync+ product, however the build is compatible with a LAVASync.
6. The Tab A 8″ SM-T380 tablet briefly disconnects attached USB accessories each time the battery modulation changes from discharging to charging. This side effect has the benefit of periodically refreshing the internal resources used by the device. Using a wider set of modulation thresholds will minimize the impact of this behavior on the user. The earlier builds of this tablet are not compatible with a LAVASync+ product, however the builds are compatible with a LAVASync adapters.
7. The earlier builds of this tablet are not compatible with LAVASync+ products, however the builds are compatible with LAVASync adapters.
The LTM Service has been verified in devices in the test summary with the LAVASync products as of January 2019. LAVA only has limited access to models for internal testing. A tablet integrator must perform a verification of the tablet model and build targeted for their application. LAVA will assist in the testing of other tablets provided a sample tablet is made available. The sample tablet must be delivered with the intended build already installed.
The tablet features used by the LAVA products are not universal across the Samsung Tablet line. Samsung tailors the tablet firmware to a world region or country. Tablet versions created by Samsung for mobile carriers do not behave the same as the standard products. You must verify the behavior of the model of tablet and firmware build to be used before committing to any deployment.