TABLET USB HOST & CHARGING ADAPTER
The enhanced STS-RBM adapter board, featuring SIMULCHARGE™ and RBM technology, is designed for large deployment commercial/OEM applications. SIMULCHARGE™ allows select Samsung Android tablets to operate as a USB Host and permits simultaneous battery charging, while RBM is responsible for tablet battery modulation and DHCP connection recovery. These features are critical when installing tablets in kiosks or other commercial applications.
LAVA’s new RBM products are designed exclusively for Samsung Tablets. The RBM name breaks down as DHCP Recovery [the ‘R’] and Battery Modulation [the “BM”] for Samsung Android tablets. The RBM products improve tablet longevity, enhance DHCP network operations and reduce tablet heat generation.
The DHCP Recovery ensures that a Samsung Tablet does not fail to acquire a network address when using DHCP. If the network address lease expires, DHCP Recovery ensures that the Samsung Tablet re-acquires and restarts the network connection.
Battery Modulation works to mimic a standard operating Samsung Tablet both in its charging and discharging cycles; while minimizing trickle charging helps lengthen battery life as well as conforming to the standard Samsung “use case” for tablets.
Furthermore, there is an option to manage the screen brightness based on the time of day, which reduces heat build up.
- USB Host operation with simultaneous tablet charging
- LAVA Tablet Manager (LTM) Application
- Battery modulation for tablet longevity
- Enhanced DHCP Operation for reliable network operation
- Screen Brightness Management for reduced heat generation
- Interaction with USB accessories
- Up to two standard USB-2.0 receptacles
- Wired networking (10/100 Ethernet)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) support
- Option to operate using standard power brick
- Option for barcode scanner with customization interface
- Configurable Charge Mode button
- Support for installations running 24/7
- Maintenance resets of tablet and module hardware
- All standard USB device permissions handled by Samsung KNOX
Samsung Galaxy Tab (see compatibility list of supported devices)
USB Charger/Power Supply with a Micro USB-B connector, such as the power supply provided with the Galaxy tablet. Any regulated 5 volt power supply capable of at least 2 amperes can be used.
The power supply must never exceed 5.25 volts. Only one of the two power inputs are to be used.
POINT OF SALES
- Product Catalogues
- Price Checking
- Line Busting & Ticketing
- POS systems
- Menus, order taking
- Transportation & Logistics endpoints
- Digital Signage
- Conference RoomScheduling
- In-vehicle data capture
- Virtual Concierge
- Patient Check In
- Web/Video conferencing
- Trade Show Guides
- Customer Surveys
- Remote control
- Material tracking
1 x Micro USB B to Micro USB B cable (3.3ft/1m)
1 x RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port (for PoE & LAN)
1 x Micro USB B port (for Tablet connection)
1 x Micro USB B port (the Aux. 5V input)
1 x Push Button (Charge mode switch)
1 x Charge Only indicator LED
1 x SimulCharge indicator LED
1 x Ethernet Link indicator LED
1 x Tablet USB indicator LE
1 x Barcode Scanner Port